I know it’s not Wednesday. But you know what, I think you guys can deal with it and forgive me right? It’s been sort of a crazy week at work (and I promise that once it kind of gets smoothed over I will tell you about it) but rest assured, there is a ton of stuff going on, and I’m sorry if you feel neglected.
So let’s do some catching up.
Numero uno, have you met my favorite song yet? I heard it like a week-and-a-half ago, and it’s currently climbing the charts, like number 8 on Billboard, and a little higher up on Spotify’s list. The song is the perfect mix of blue-eyed soul, plus a really sweet reggae feel that I haven’t heard in a while.
Behold ‘Rude’ by Magic! The group releases the album July 1st, and once that happens, I will definitely be looking for their shows. Their lead singer, in particular, is so interesting to look at, and the way he moves is really unique. I just loved discovering new loves!
Wedding Updates + a legitimate dilemma.
- I called last week to check on my dress, and to be completely honest, the situation with my dress is cutting it really close, and I’m not comfortable with that, but I really can’t do much about it now.
- My wedding bands came in yesterday. I was tempted to go pick them up so I can put them on, but is that bad luck? Did anyone else “test” their wedding bands and wear them before they actually got married?
- I’m not sure what I’m going to do about my last name, and I’m actually lost. Custom would dictate that I take his. But I like my last name. In fact, I love my last name. I love my family, and I love my father, and part of me might mourn the loss of that. Do I want to keep it completely? I don’t know. Do I want to have part of my new husband’s name? Yes, because we’re a family now. But I’m not sure how to make that happen. Please let me know if you have any cool ideas.
- The invites are sorta ready. I have the .tif file for them, and I am exploring some printing options for them. If you will recall, I wanted to have them sent out by now, but things don’t work out the way you want them when you’re getting married. Learn that, and you will have a really easy time 🙂
- Me and Austin may have a big (non-baby) announcement soon (calm down), but I can’t tell you yet.
Okay, what’s new with you? What should I do about my last name?