I hope your weekend (last weekend) was really good. Mine was great, very very busy with the shower, which I promise promise to update you on. In short, it was absolutely gorgeous. The cake was one of the best parts, and I froze some, plus its siblings, the cupcakes.
A few rambling updates on this…I think this posts on Thursday, right? Am I breaking the fourth wall?
- I have been living in a Lululemon tank and tights for the past two months. I have to get dressed for meetings, like for the director’s meeting tomorrow, which is a bummer, because I’d really rather be in some buttery activewear.
- Instagram has a “stories” feature now, similar to Snapchat’s. Trying to decide how I feel about that. I really like Snapchat because I have major FOMO and other peoples’ lives are way more interesting than mine.
- I am missing running a lot. I am still doing other things, but running became really really painful a while back, and I really really miss it. It makes me said to think about, and I want to get back to some distance once I’ve recovered enough.
- Measles have made a landing in Wake County (here). If you’re a reader in this country, double check to make sure your MMR is up to date. Especially if you’re one of my college students. And while you’re at it, make sure your whooping cough and meningitis are where they’re supposed to be.
- I’m extremely anxious about maternity leave and I almost don’t want to leave because I’m afraid my department will decide they’re better off without me, group fitness will be dismantled, or any other combination of scenarios that my mind is putting together.
- Are you a huge ice cream fan? I’ve been seeing this Halo Top stuff all over Instagram. I grabbed the strawberry yesterday. Not bad, and you don’t remotely need to eat a pint of it to feel satisfied.
Those are my random updates. What are you up to? Random things only.