If you are in a place where you have seen blue skies and you have seen the sun in the last week or so, please get on your knees and thank God. Here in North Carolina, I have not seen the sun in over a week. I’ve run in the rain nonstop. And on Friday, I actually experienced my first cold rain in a while.
But whatevs. It’s Monday. It’s a new week. A new day. And here are a few things I’m planning for this week.
- Make a list for everything I want to do/buy for the house.
I hope you guys get what I mean. But I woke up a few days ago and decided I hated everything in the house. I hate the color. I hate this couch I’m sitting on. So I’ve popped by some boutiques here for inspiration. I’ve been poking around the Pinterest. And I’m picking out a new color. ANNND as we do all of that, I will be photo-ing and taking pictures. My mom knows EXACTLY what I’m going through. She used to do this all the time in our houses.
- Chicago. I’m going to Chicago at the end of the week for a quick trip to run the marathon. I’M RUNNING THE CHICAGO MARATHON THIS WEEK. I don’t have a time goal. I am not putting a ton of pressure on myself. I am just going to run and have a nice time. I have a block about this distance since I got so sick during Greensboro a few years back, so we’re not making a big deal about it at all. Nope.
- I need a new outfit for Chicago. But I don’t want to break the bank so I need to either go to the outlets, OR (whispers this quietly) go to Dick’s. Which is so irritating, but I don’t have time to do an order through my job, because I’m a big fat idiot. I definitely need a new tank, I have a bra and bottoms, I need a new pair of socks, and I think I want to do a Flipbelt so I can carry my phone during the race. Which brings me to this aside.
- I’m not sure if I’m going to wear a GPS or listen to music during Chicago. During my last long run, I relied on Kathryn’s gps, and didn’t have one. We mostly talked, and it was nice to not be locked into my watch. I wonder if I can just hitch a ride with one of the pace groups and hope for the best? I’m interested to see what you guys think about that.
- Write write! I talked about this maybe last week? Two weeks ago? But writing/being creative makes me feel good. I am doing more of that this week. I am MAKING TIME for what I want to do this week.
Ok, so what do you have planned for this week?
5 thoughts on “Is it ever going to stop raining again?”
Tell that rain to come right on over to California, girl! I’m so jealous you’re going to Chicago. I hope you have a blast!
You’re the second person to say that! You can have some of our rain! We would be so happy to give it to you!
Good luck with Chicago! I am training for my first marathon in mid-November and I can attest that it is a learning process. I hope you have fun with it and sticking with a pace group sounds grand. I am probably doing the same myself, although I am leaning towards starting with a group much slower than my predicted finish. This way I will not go out fast or get as many jitters (maybe)? Re the house, I concur! I just got some help from my visiting parents and I am about to make my living room livable for the first time since buying the house over 2 years ago. 🙂
Ugh this house is just not coming together as fast as I would like! Blahhhh!
Oh..I hear you. A day at a time is not fun to hear, but it sure does work wonders at times! Have a fantastic Chicago weekend.