Guys, hold the phones. It’s actually warm and sunny in North Carolina, so I’m taking full advantage by blogging a little on my lunch outside of the building. If you can believe it, I’m actually sorta hot? But I’m not really going to even think that because I don’t want the rain gods to get upset and wallop us with 12 straight days of rainfall.
And keep SC in your thoughts – there’s still a lot of flooding there that has not yet receded. I’ve sort of joked about how miserable the rain made me, but I can at least say that my home is in one piece.
Onto this week’s edition of things I just don’t get. This was sort of inspired by Tay‘s post on Miley Cyrus. And she raises some valid wtf moments. Do you follow her on Instagram? It makes no sense. None whatsoever. And I really liked her last album, but I’m not sure I can do it anymore.
Things I Don’t Get
- Not working out. What I do get, is that we all have reasons. If you look at Maslow’s Heierachy of needs (helllloooo MSW), if your basic needs aren’t being met, lifting weights isn’t really a consideration, right? And why should it be. But if we all considered taking even a 30-minute walk a day and placed it on the same level of importance as we did as brushing our teeth and taking showers, maybe things could look a whole lot different. Remember, the purpose of working out isn’t to get a six-pack. It’s for YOU. It’s for YOUR health. It’s for YOUR mental health. It’s for your SPIRITUAL health. It’s not something that you should see as optional. So no, it doesn’t mean that you should be splurging for a fancy gym membership or wearing Lululemon all day with a topknot. But should you be walking? Maybe jogging? Doing SOMETHING? Yes.
- Mushrooms. They are terrible and disgusting. The worst part, in my mind, of being a vegetarian/pescatarian/vegan is that everyone just assumes you want a giant mushroom on a sandwich. I don’t. I never will.
- Donald Trump. I keep waiting for the punchline that never comes.
- Old people texts/tweets/posts on social media. I am a child of Facebook. Facebook was a thing when I came to school in 2005, and at first, only college students with a .edu address were allowed to register with an account. This is not at all to say that old people shouldn’t be allowed on Twitter, to text, or on social media, but they need to play by the rules
- No weird selfies. Selfies SHOULD be flattering. And not embarrassing to your children.
- No one-word responses to texts or emails. “K” is never appropriate. At least, “K :)” so people don’t know you’re being passive aggressive.
- Do not sign a text. “-Uncle Phil” We know it’s you. You’re my uncle. And your number has been saved in my phone since 2003, when I got my phone.
- Please salute your emails. Even with a name. “Cheri,” works. But don’t rattle off whatever dumb crap is going on in your head without even letting me know you’re in the house. It’s rude.
- Fantasy football. That’s about all I’ll say on that.
What are a few things you just don’t get?
4 thoughts on “Things I don’t Get.”
So what do you think about Andrew Luck not starting tonight? Can you get away with starting Hasselbeck or is it back to the wavier wire for a QB this week?
It’s back to the waiver wire for a QB this week. I would not start Hasselbeck, I think that’s a bad move 🙂
As far as Andrew Luck not starting tonight? No. Words.
I hear you on the not working out thing. I kinda don’t get it. Like, it was literally how I rebuilt my life when it all fell apart. For me it’s not optional! But then I have to try and remind myself that my lifestyle isn’t considered ‘normal’ 😛