I’d say I have some pretty good things going for me. I’m at least moderately attractive. I’m very in shape, and I have a nice(ish) personality, right?
Don’t answer that.
But I have a really, truly dark secret. I have a love affair with reality television.
Off the top of my head, here are a few quality programs I have watched in the past few years.
- Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew.
- 16 and Pregnant
- Teen Moms 1 and 2
- America’s Next Top Model
- Real Housewives of Atlanta/New York/Beverly Hills/Orange County (not sure why Andy continues to bother with Miami, and DC was horrific.)
- Flipping Out with Jeff Lewis
- Work Out with Jackie Warner
- Party Down South (thank you Jesus for this discovery on late-night television)
- The Millionaire Matchmaker
- Watch What Happens Live
- Couples Therapy
- Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders: Making the Team
My love affair with reality television began when I was in middle school, and Road Rules (the literal best invention ever), and Real World were at the peak of their popularity.
I dreamt of being on one of these shows, and I’m not sure why. Over the summers, when we’d be home from school, MTV would play marathons for days and days, and I would watch them all, hoping that my mother would not find out about my strange addiction (which I don’t watch, funny enough). I once auditioned for the X-Factor, made it pretty far, and had my dreams crushed before the season started. Glad it didn’t work out though 🙂
Please ladies, tell me I’m not the only one in this boat. Are you addicted to terrible reality telly? Which shows are your faves?