Fitsugar posted this sweet list of the “Top Pop Workout Tunes of 2013,” and I’ve brought it to you!
- “Timber” — Pitbull, Ke$ha
- “Roar” — Katy Perry
- “Safe and Sound” — Capital Cities
- “Blurred Lines” — Robin Thicke, T.I., Pharrell
- “Pompeii” — Bastille
- “Work B**ch” — Britney Spears
- “Demons (Remix)” — Imagine Dragons
- “Best Song Ever” — One Direction
- “The Monster” — Eminem, Rihanna
- “White Noise” — Disclosure, AlunaGeorge
- “Don’t Save Me” — Haim
- “Get Lucky” — Daft Punk, Pharrell
- “Slow Down” — Selena Gomez
- “Under Control” — Calvin Harris, Alesso, Hurts
- “Wake Me Up” — Avicii
- “Mirrors” — Justin Timberlake
- “Burn” — Ellie Goulding
- “Wild” — Jessie J, Big Sean
- “Applause” — Lady Gaga
- “Can’t Hold Us” — Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
- “I Love It” — Icona Pop
- “We Can’t Stop” — Miley Cyrus
So, I find these kinds of articles totally interesting, because I love my pop, and I love love matching up to see how many of these I hit in my workout playlist. Funny enough, when I went back and checked my Spotify, I’d hit a really good number of these.
So, as a total side note, for those of you kind of new to figuring out the easiest way to do your music on your treadmill or long run, Spotify, is the total jam. I discovered Spotify like 3 years ago. Basically, when you do the free version, you have access to every single song you can think of across the world for free. I pay about $9.99 a month to access Spotify premium, which allows me to access the songs when I’m not connected to WiFi, and it’s been really awesome for me, not only to create sweet playlists for me to race to, but also to create and explore new music for me to bring to my Zumba classes. Because I can switch which country I’m based out of too, I can pull new Latin music for my classes from the top songs from Mexico, Cuba, and Spain. It’s pretty sweet!
But I digress.
Spotify was kind enough to sum up my year, and as you can see, there were a few songs I couldn’t get enough of, especially when racing and working out, including Pegate Mas, Balada, Kiss You (for all you 1D fans), Blurred Lines, and the ever classy F*ck You by Lily Allen.
What were your workout tunes of 2013?