Before we get all silly –
I alluded to this last week, but unfortunately, at the close of this week, I will have attended two funeral services. Cancer absolutely sucks, and prayers for folks that I consider family would be greatly greatly appreciated. And forgive me if I’m extremely weepy this week.
So, the other day, I posted a photo from Buzzfeed’s timeline of Jennifer Lopez.
I’m gonna let you feast your eyes for a second.
If you’re not aware, this is Jennifer Lopez, of “In Living Color” fame. She also was partner to Sean “P-Diddy” Combs, had an excellent MTV diary, married Marc Anthony, and starred in Selena, Enough, and The Wedding Planner. I still have questions about the vocals from time to time, however, J.Lolas doesn’t have student loans so I’m just being a hater.
One thing I’m not hating on? Her body! At the age of 45, she looks better than I do having had 0 children. To review, Juannifer has a set of twins. That grew inside of that stomach.
But, upon checking out some of the Facebook comments on the picture, one of my biggest pet peeves started to rear its ugly ugly head.
Catherine Claridge REMINDER: Jennifer Lopez is a celebrity with a team of nutritionists and personal trainers on her payroll. Fuck off BuzzFeed.
Okay. A few questions for this charming commentator.
- Does Jennifer’s team of nutritionists force her to eat the right things?
- Do Jennifer’s personal trainers run on the treadmill for her?
- How about her lifting? Does someone else do her lifting?
- And under this assumption, this would mean that all famous folks with teams of personal trainers and nutritionist have similar bodies and never struggle with food. Stars that have had very public battles with food, our Carnie Wilsons, our Janet Jacksons, our Oprahs, are just not a thing?
Laura Miller It’s also her only job too.
- Jennifer Lopez has no other job than to work out and look amazing?
- Isn’t she a mom?
- Isn’t she an actress?
- Isn’t she a singer?
- Isn’t she a judge on American Idol?
The point of this is all to say: working out and staying healthy is hard, AND we should give credit where credit is due. Mama looks good, and we should celebrate that.
Do you look up to any celebs for their exercise and healthy eating habits?