So drug store cosmetics are some of my favorite purchases in the world, but with the wedding coming up, I have been focusing more of my finances on wedding things, and less on extraneous purchases. But last week, I was out of a few things, and so I treated myself to some things I’ve been meaning to buy for a while. Let’s look through a few of my purchases, and I’ll let you know how they worked out!
Okay starting from the far left.
Volum’ Express Falsies Big Eyes Mascara by Maybelline – My honest opinion is I wouldn’t buy this. I wasn’t really impressed with what it did, and it didn’t really do much for me. It was really a meh purchase. Very meh. I have had better luck with Volum’ Express Colossal…much more worth it for the money.
Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream – This is definitely a good buy. I don’t wear a ton on my skin since I’ve been using Proactiv, but this buy is definitely worth it. A little dab kinda just smooths out what is going on, and is really really good for a day where you have a gnarly breakout. It also contains some SPF which is really important for us ladies that are not interested in turning leathery.
RevitaLift Miracle Blur anti-aging skin care by L’Oreal Paris – This product, which was introduced to me by Amanda, is a killer purchase. So it’s a moisturizer, which I can always use more of, it contains SPF, and it sort of just magically fixes your skin. Prior to starting Proactiv, I kind of had a permanent breakout on my forehead, that left me with some dark marks. Between the Proactiv, limited makeup, and this product, I feel like this is the last piece in the puzzle to fix what’s been going on with my skin. Seriously, if you have drier skin, and you’re looking for a moisturizer with some SPF that can be worn on it’s own, this is is. Thank you Amanda!
Okay, last but not least, the folks at A Beautiful Mess taught me how to do a gel mani at home. HOLLA AT SAVING $50!
What you’ll need to do your own gel mani and save a bajillion dollars over the course of a year.
- Rubbing alcohol
- Acetone for removal (kinda more after).
- Gelous Gel Nail Coat <-You can get that at Sally’s
- Your nail color
- A top coat – AMB recommends Seche Vite, which I have, but I went with my Orly top coat, and it seemed to work out well.
Kay, here are your steps. Nails are clean and buffed, right?
- Swab your nails with alcohol to get any excess oils off.
- Do a thin coat of Gelous, let it dry for a minutes.
- Do a coat of the color, let it dry for three minutes.
- Another coat of Gelous, let it dry for a minute.
- ANOTHER coat of color, three minutes dry time.
- Your top coat, dry it for one minute.
- And FINALLY do one last coat of Gelous, seal the top of your nails, and let it dry for a million years. Seriously, as long as possible
At. Home. Gel. Mani.
Saved ya money!
What do you have planned for this weekend?