Don’t you guys worry. No matter how many times I post on my wedding, how many times I whine about how my throat hurts this week, or how often I blog about my dog, rest absolutely assured that I will never, never forget how and where this started. And that was a running blog. That said, if you’ve missed my last few “Here’s What: What Three Things am I Obsessed With” posts, here they are!
So this week was the week from absolute hell at my real job, and that’s all I will say. So Happy Friday, beautiful readers! Now Here’s What Three Things I’m Obsessed with This Week!
- Numero uno is powered by Rock ‘n’ Roll, and yes honey bunnies, I am running the Rock ‘n’ Roll USA 1/2 Marathon, and I couldn’t be more thrilled about it!
First off, DC is one of my favorite cities in the US, so that certainly doesn’t hurt a race weekend. Secondly, Rock ‘n’ Roll USA has made some pretty sweet changes this year, a few of which I’ll list for you, real convenient-like!
- The 5k. For folks who feel like they don’t have the time at this point to register for the 1/2 or the full marathon, or for those of you new to what Rock ‘n’ Roll is all about, the 5k will give you a little taste of what Rock ‘n’ Roll does. At 3.1 gorgeous miles, you’ll still have the cheerleaders and the music to push you along, without necessarily having to commit to a scary distance just yet.
- The race is run entirely in the district, which means that you get to run with some amazing monuments as a backdrop. Seriously, if you’ve never run a race in DC, running with the history of our nation passing you by is a really incredible feeling.
- The race is on a Saturday, meaning that it’s not gonna eat up your entire weekend. And that’s pretty darn cool!
So if you’re interested in signing up, click here. I will be there, and I will be talking about this race up til the big day, Saturday, March 15th.
- Speedwork. I’ve never really put much stock into speedwork before this marathon training (I’m running another Rock ‘n’ Roll in Raleigh in April,) but I’m finding that even though I have to drag myself, kicking and screaming to do it, that once I get started, I love the way I feel, and I totally love the way I feel afterward. Seriously, I think the endorphins go into overdrive cause I am really, really feeling myself when it’s time to be done with speedwork!
- Sleep. I am slightly sick this week, with a little sore throat and some congestion, and all I can think about is sleep.
Early this week at work, I had to go into the utility closet for something, and I fantasized about going all the way to the back of it and napping for a while before my senses took back over. Sleep, I just wanna hold you. Mama loves you so much!
Your turn! What three things are you obsessed with?
[Full disclosure lady bugs! I was planning to run Rock ‘n’ Roll USA in prep for April’s marathon, and as a member of the media, I was comped an entry by Rock ‘n’ Roll. But have no fear because every last opinion is my own, and I will be giving my honest, heartfelt opinion!]