I’m getting right into it, beautiful people! (If you’re new here, I do this little feature every Friday, and it’s all the random crap that I’m completely obsessed with.) Get into it!
1. The big reveal!!! Remember that I told you that I would show you what the save-the-dates looked like? Well…I’m finally doing it cause if you haven’t checked your mail by now, it’s your own damned fault!
This is exactly what I had in my head when we started this – and the very very talented Evane Corder brought them to life for me. I had them printed at a local boutique-style paper shop for super-affordable, and I addressed them myself with these metallic sharpies. Very cool, and very involved process.
2. Frank’s Red Hot Sauce. “I put that shit on everything.” I’m mostly a Tabasco type of lady, but Austin introduced me to Franks Red hot recently, and I literally just poured it all over my body this mac & cheese I made last night, and it really took me to the next level. I’m not sure how I rank them, but Sriracha, Tasbasco, and Frank’s are like the 3 faves right now.
3. Buttons + Etsy! I made my first Etsy purchase earlier this week. Wanna see?
The bag on the left is 5 pounds worth of white, clear, tan and beige buttons from a very sweet vendor on Etsy. This weekend (and a little bit this evening), I will be working to create stems for my button/brooch bouquets, and I am SO thrilled to be able to share them with you when they’re done! Eep!
Now honey-bears. What three things are you obsessed with on this ridiculously warm Friday?
If you’re new here, I do this every Friday, and here’s last Friday’s so you can kinda get the gist of what we do around here.
So let’s get started!
1. MY SAVE THE DATES ARE ALL DONE. Now, by all done, I mean they’re all printed up, and I still need to address them and stick them with stamps, but I am a step closer to getting things accomplished. And it feels awesome. I would absolutely show you them, but I want them to be something of a surprise to the folks who I’m sending them to. But if you’re really curious, email me or comment, and I will definitely send you a little preview.
2. Something really terrible has happened to me. I have been waking up early to work out. And I sort of love it. Mainly because my body is looking really sexual, and I have been lifting more weights and stuff. I’m not sure if it’s making me any faster or anything, but my little abs are coming in!
3. Rock ‘n’ Roll Raleigh. And this one isn’t a funny ha-ha obsession, but I really loved the race for a few reasons. The course was hilly, and the race was no-doubt, really challenging, but it was a challenge in the best way. Even though it was hilly, and I worked really hard, I smiled for most of the race, and it was so arresting to see so many folks out spectating. The tunnel leading to the finish was incredible. That roar? I won’t forget that.
But, all of that said, two men died at the race on Sunday, and I’m still feeling really confused about that. I feel so deeply for the families of the men, and it makes me want to make sure that I get my check-ups every year. Can a doctor catch everything? Certainly not. But I want a doctor to be able to tell me if I’m not healthy enough for the level of racing that I will be doing. And I thank these men for helping me remember to take care of myself.
So what three things are you obsessed with on this Friday?
1. Zyrtec. Spring has sprung in good ol’ Carolina, and since I spent the entire afternoon outside, I am sick as a dog. My throat is killing me. Yes, I’ve been killing em with the neti pot, but I think my best bet is another Zyrtec, begging Austin to pick up some essentials for me from the Eckard/Rite Aid or whatever the hell you call it, and go to bed in like 5 minutes.
2. “Quit Sleeping on Us”
This is my brother and he’s ridiculously talented. He’s the one with the green mohawk PS.
You guys literally get so much of me today, you probably can’t stand it right? So last week, I did my “Here’s What,” as a tribute to the great Andrew Cohen, the executive producer of like, so much amazing stuff on Bravo. And here we are, back again for the second round on Friday.
So, here’s what.
Buying these Oreos last night.
I think I told you guys that Oreo was coming out with two limited edition flavors. One of them is like super weird, so I really couldn’t bring myself to try them, but last night, after a friend alerted me of their arrival to the local Food Lion, I grabbed them on the way home from class, and waited until after dinner to try them. The verdict? They wasn’t all dat. They wasn’t all dat at all, and they’re really too sweet for anyone to be feeding them to their children. I’m still convinced that the best part of the Oreo is that outside cookie part.
I’ve talked to you guys about my love of veggie dinner, which is when you heat up a bag of vegetables, throw some protein in it (like some tofu or an egg), and then you eat it. Low-cal, easy, and a good way to get back on track if you feel like you’ve been eating nothing but crap all day. Veggies and Oreos. My kinda lady.
And finally, I can’t believe I’m saying this, but the treadmill has been a good friend for the past few weeks. In case you’ve been out of touch with the mainland here, last week the weather in North Carolina was atrocious, especially by southern standards. Running outside was not only really uncomfortable, but it also sorta dangerous. We don’t have equipment to really plow a whole lot of snow and ice, so a lot of the sidewalks, trails, and driveways were totally iced over for the week. So that said, I took to the treadmill for a few of the longer runs last week, and actually survived with the help of Netflix. Now quite obviously, I’d rather be outside just so I don’t have to make conversation every time someone wants to use my treadmill, but I’ll take what I can.
What three things are you obsessed with this week?