The Timehop app has been treating me to all of these seriously traumatizing photos, and I decided to take a little walk down memory lane to walk you guys through what I was up to nearly 5 years ago, in 2009. I also feel it right to mention that I totally got this idea from Becca Dorr, who recounted her 2005. Unfortunately, I’m pretty sure I can’t think that far back, so 2009 it is!
- I one time skipped an 8 am class by accident because I spent the entire night before imbibing. Cheap wine. I emailed the professor and told her I was sick. Later that day, I saw said professor on campus. Super awkward. Had to pretend my headache was due to a condition, and not due to the fact that me and a few friends got a little rowdy the night before.
- Barack Obama was well into his first term, and it was really really cool to be a youngster at the time that history was being made.
- I was dating someone who I literally broke up with 65 times over the course of that year. When it was done, I thought my life was over. It’s funny how much time changes, right?
- I moved to Raleigh. Was not a huge fan at first, but it really grew on me.
- Michael Jackson died. My sister called me sobbing, and the next few days were insane, as the world tried to figure out what went wrong with him.
- The recession was raging strong. That was not a fun year to be a grad. Come to think of it, 2011 (when I graduated my Masters) wasn’t the best time either.
- Remember when that guy landed the plane in the Hudson?
- Also, the swine flu. Yick.
- I got hired at CPT, a Pennsylvania weight loss camp, and, my life started to change (for the total better)!
What to you remember about 2009?