Elon’s been in the news a good bit. Remember the camels out on the yard? Anyone? Yep, that was us.
I will never stop talking about what a fantastic school Elon University was/continues to be. If you’re reading and you’re thinking of attending or sending your kids, do NOT pass go, just do it. I’m literally not even kidding. DO ITTTT. And now, here is my incredible list!
- You can’t think of a single ugly person you went to school with. Even that girl that shows up to your 8am in dirty sweatpants who smells like cigarettes and alcohol? Have you seen her all cleaned up? She looks amazing.
- You know what SURF day is.
- Winter Term. You go to class all day for a month, then go to the bar at night and practice your dance moves for spring break with the help of most of the football team.
- Instead of being a responsible, global citizen, you spent a SURF Day or a reading day eve out until 4am. Then you went to a presentation really early.
- You had a job on-campus. In fact, you had like 3.
- Overcommitted was your middle name. You went from meeting to meeting, then to a training and then to dinner with friends.
- Speaking of dinner, despite the fact that you and all of your friends were disgustingly attractive, you gained like 40 pounds from eating constantly. Food you ate was not limited to Cookout, Chic-Fil-A sandwiches, and sketchy food from Red Bowl place that’s on special.
- You’ve been in the line at Cookout at 3am and seen like 40 friends there.
- You side-eye High Point University. It may look like a resort, but we are a botanical garden, dammit!
- You once (or twice) skipped class to lay out on the “boobs” in a bikini and yet…
- Somehow, your grades are amazing…
- Even though the weekend starts on Wednesday night.
- Ain’t no party like a PiKapp party cause a PiKapp party don’t stop! Now someone pass the Busch Light!
- Nike shorts + Big nasty t-shirt + boat shoe = your new uniform. This will only change on days that you have a presentation.
- Global citizen? Thaaat’s me! Seriously, you studied abroad and found your new outlook on life like three times while you were here.
- And finally. You, like everyone else entered college as kind of an asswipe. Until some amazing professor bitch-slapped you into reality with your first 79 on a paper. You’re now a successfully working adult because of it.
Thanks, Elon ❤ !!!
Also, just cause I’m nosy, where’d you go to school?
-I went to Elon, my sister went to Duke, and my other sister went to Auburn. My brother is gearing up for his first year at NC State which means he will be over at our house doing laundry for the next 4 years.
7 thoughts on “You know you went to Elon if….”
Cool – I have not heard of Elon, but clearly I must investigate it. I did the transfer deal from a small school in Western Maryland then finished up at Washington University in Saint Louis.
It is an awesome place. It’s literally a botanical garden!
This is amazing. All these reasons are my favorite.
YEP! Love it. 🙂
Glad I got to experience Elon and Auburn with your sister! 2 completely different worlds haha.