Have you guys ever met my Jesus Shaves mug?
It’s a mug that I purchased from this adorable shop in Cameron Village. My mom hates it, but the way it works is that when you pour hot liquids in it, Jesus’ beard comes off and he becomes fresh-faced and clean-shaven. People either think it’s hysterical, or they tell me I’m a heathen like my mom did. But I honestly think that Jesus has a sense of humor and would quite enjoy a mug where he looks like he’s ready to take on any job interview that may come his way.
Let’s go on a coffee date, with my Jesus shaves mug in tow.
If I were on a coffee date, I would tell you:
- My pets are driving me up the wall. I love them, don’t get me wrong, but I was asleep on the couch in the great room in the house, and when I woke up, I discovered that the entirety of one of the pet’s stomach linings had been emptied onto the couch. I went into hysterics. I called Austin, my voice rose about 2 octaves, and Austin had to purchase a little spot cleaner for me to fix the couch. Verdict? I think I’m going to have to replace that couch. Hysterics.
- I am doing well with some of the goals I’ve set for myself and outlined, as well as some of the goals I’ve started with myself last year. One thing that has driven me nuts about myself is that sometimes, I put things off because I can always just “do it later”. I’ve taken things more by the horns over the last few weeks, and it’s helped a lot with my productivity. I like it.
- I’m taking a break from drinking. I drank a lot the week of my wedding back in August, the week of my sister’s wedding in December, and on New Year’s Eve. I’m sort of over being hungover, with my GI issues, it’s not good for me. I’m taking a break. I’m not sure how long I’m gone for, but long enough to clean out my system is awesome.
- I’m wondering about this winter. I’m training for RnR, the full, in April, and I’m just wondering if the winter we have this year will be anything like last year’s. Because ice storms may make things just a tad tricky.
- I got these tights…
After I spotted the gold version on Amanda’s blog. They’re on the clearance rack at Lululemon, so go run and grab them quick if you think you can handle them. For me even, they’re pretty wild, but they’re interesting to look at, so I’m just gonna go with them.
- I’m playing with the idea of an Ultra Marathon, or a 12-hour race around the time of my marathon in April. I’m not even sure what this preoccupation with the challenge of the event is, other than I read a bunch of Dean Karnazes’ books last year, and the idea of an ultra seemed ridiculous…but almost ridiculous enough for me to do it.
- I want to go to Greece for our honeymoon. I got this idea in my head after I read The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, and I haven’t been able to get it out of my head for like 10-15 years now. I’m checking on prices and rates for us to be able to head there in like August or September.
What would you tell me if we were on a coffee date? ❤
6 thoughts on “Coffee Date”
That mug is awesome :p
Ha – love it too! My mom totally hates it 🙂
I LOVE your Jesus Shaves mug. I have a Jesus nightlight that I purchased while in college. My mother had a similar reaction as yours. Too bad, I love it and if I can’t laugh a little then I don’t wanna be here anyway! And I still use my Jesus nightlight. It’s in my bathroom and my 4-year old son is very confused by it. haha
If we were on a coffee date I would gush to you how excited I am about the new running group I joined. Feeling like you’ve found your “tribe” is a great feeling. Then I would bore you with my latest parenting stresses. 🙂
Oh noooo – I am not a parent yet, but as busy as I am NOW, I can’t imagine my life getting any crazier/busier.
OMG, Cheri, I kid you not, I have a “coffee date” post scheduled for tomorrow, hahaha! It’s totally along these exact same lines. Great minds think alike, huh?
I can’t believe your furball puked on the couch you were sleeping! My dog once puked in my bed at 2am, right before I was about to take her to the vet for a completely different reason the next morning. It’s like, on the one hand I couldn’t be too upset because I’m sure she didn’t mean to, but I was also so angry, haha.
Also, congrats on your wedding! You and your hubby are adorable ❤
Great minds think alike!!!!!
Yes one of my animals did that, and I still need to go back and shampoo the couch again – hopefully today because I have company coming over!