So on Saturday evening, I officially turned 27 years old.
I don’t really feel any kind of way about it, certainly not negatively, because honestly, the year that you get married and buy a house, planning some sort of birthday extravaganza isn’t tops on your list of things to do, but I really, truly had an awesome time for the big 27.
I taught a class….
..Went to dinner at Irregardless, which I am fully aware is not a word, but the food there is the absolute BOMB…
…And I drank lots and lots of mimosas with my friends at brunch, one of the most amazing food groups in the world. (Seriously, I would attribute 99% of my college weight gain to inordinate amounts of brunch, and I was saddened that I had to let it go when I started becoming a little healthier.)
But, I’ve seen this really cool thing on other blogs, and I think it’s a cool way to hold myself accountable – a 30 before 30 list.
So the list won’t be finalized here, but I think it’s an interesting thing to start thinking about, especially since 30 isn’t necessarily a mythical age that is far off in the distance. I’m no math whiz, but I’ve got a little less than three years until I start my 40 before 40 list, ya dig?
So a few things I’d like to accomplish before 30?
Run a marathon.Quickly.
- Hone my guitar skills and perform on my own a few times.
- Get paid for a few gigs.
- Pay off my student loans.
- Speak Spanish well.
- Travel, legitimately travel, with my husband. (We’ve taken trips here and there, but never a real trip, where we pack up, leave the pets behind, and push off for a few weeks of travel. We’ve talked about Alaska and Greece for real, and I’m hoping to get to one of these as a honeymoon trip for us.
Throw parties for my friends.It’s something that has emerged over the past few years as a thing I like to do. We’ve thrown Super Bowl parties, housewarming parties, New Years’ parties, and I have never regretted having people over. It’s something that I’d like to continue doing!
- Start an enjoyable and lucrative business. Me and Austin are looking at a plan, possibly to launch next spring. It’s a cool thing, because you get to flex your creative/organization/management muscles without too much risk. If it doesn’t work out? Hey, at least we have some experience running and maintaining a business right?
- Do stuff that makes me uncomfortable. I’m pretty decent at this, but it’s not something I want to get out of the habit of doing it. Teaching Pole Dancing (seriously, something I’m starting in the New Year), signing up for a challenging race, keeping myself on a tight budget – all things that I’m a little uncomfortable with, but things that would be a win for me ultimately.
So this is what I have so far. Any ideas on what I should add to this list? What is on your 30 before 30 (or 40 before 40 or 90 before 90 list?)
3 thoughts on “30 Before 30 – the beginning”
Love this list. I want to have a 30 before 30 list before I am 24!
When is your 24th!
in February, so I have a little bit to prepare the list 😉