My sassy boys over at Class and Trash and me were group texting, and discussing that fact that as it was getting close to the first, and we were waiting on pay day to come save us.
And here I present to you, the things you do when you’re broke/waiting on payday.
- You pack all your lunches. There is no eating out. The only eating out you will do will involve a Starbucks gift card that you dig out of the back of your wallet.
- Speaking of Starbucks, your morning coffee? Not a thing, you will be enjoying the coffee from the break room.
- Free stuff starts feeling kinda good. Go for a run! Go to Lululemon for a free yoga class! Sit at the coffee shop and blog – maybe without ordering something. That sounds fun, right?
- Your $16 hot yoga class downtown is not gonna happen for another two weeks.
- And finally, when your friend asks you for drinks, you totally make an excuse to postpone it for another week or two.
To be perfectly clear, I’m not like broke and decrepit, times just get hard for a day or two after I make my car payment. How does your spending change close to payday?